Futures Award: Union Strand 2015/16
What is the Union Strand of the Futures Award?
As an elected or highly active member of the Students’ Union, you are an enterprising student volunteer. You innovate in your area of involvement and inspire those around you to develop.
This award recognises your involvement as a volunteer within the following roles:
- Athletic Union committee member
- Union Societies committee member
- Programme or College Representatives
- Part-Time Officers
- Achievers- Raise and Give, Phantom Media, Union Volunteer or Advocate of the Students' Union
Please find the 2016/17 Futures Award handbook below where you'll be able to find out more about how the award is structured. Keep up to date with this page for final confirmation of the Futures Award deadline.
How does it benefit me?
The Union Strand enables you to formally record your volunteering hours and critically reflect on your experiences within the Students' Union:
- A formal acknowledgement of your volunteering hours which counts towards your HEAR (Higher Education Achievement Report) that forms part of your university permanent record
- Provides frameworks to support you with critically analysing the transferrable you've developed through your role in the form of reflective tasks
After graduation, the time spent on your Futures Award will support you to Get Work Ready, providing you with a strong foundation for writing job applications and being successful at interviews where your skills and experiences will come into their own.
How do I get involved?
Please follow the "Register Here for the Award" link on the top left of this page.
What training is available to me as part of the Futures Award?
There is an extensive programme of training sessions available to students provided by the Students' Union and the Careers and Employment Service. Please see the link on the top left of this page.
Who do I speak to if I have any further queries?
If you want to know more about the award please contact the UDSU's Student Opportunities Manager, David Lochtie at email@example.com.