Registering On Our Website
Disclosure Of Personal Data
Marketing & Opting Out
Information About Other Individuals
Use Of Personal Information
When you register on www.udsu.co.uk or a data processor operating on behalf of UDSU, will collect personal data from you such as:
· Name and contact details for instance, your e-mail address and telephone number;
· HTTP protocol elements such as, the server address, the IP address and browser details;
· Click-stream data (the type of computer and browsing software you use, and originating website etc.;
· Demographic data such as, country and telephone area code where your computer is located;
· Preference data: search items of our website, any advertisements you clicked on.
When you use this website, we may collect information about your computer, such as your IP address and/or browser, which we will use for administration purposes and statistical analysis. This information will not usually identify you personally.
We may also obtain information about your online movements and use of the internet. We do this by placing a 'cookie', which is a small file, on your computer's hard disk. Cookies are used for several reasons:
· to recognise you whenever you visit this website
· to speed up access to this website (so you do not have to log on each time)
· to store your personal preferences
· to build a profile about you
· to better target our marketing and advertising campaigns
The vast majority of web browsers accept cookies. However, you can change your browser settings so that cookies are not accepted. If you do this, you may lose some of the functionality of this website.
We may disclose your personal data to:
· our agents and service providers (eg providers of web hosting, survey provider or maintenance services)
· law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity
· our business partners in accordance with the 'Marketing & Opting Out' section below.
Unless you have asked us not to do so, we may contact you by (eg mail, telephone, SMS, text/picture/video message, fax, email) about (eg products, services, promotions, special offers, charitable causes) which may be of interest to you.
We may share your personal data with organisations who are our business partners and we or they may contact you, unless you have asked us or them not to do so, by (specify, eg mail, telephone, SMS, text/picture/video message, fax, email, other) about (eg products, services, promotions, special offers, charitable causes)which may be of interest to you.
If you prefer not to receive any further marketing communications from us, you can opt out at any time. See "Unsubscribing" below.
If you give us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on his/her behalf and has agreed that you can:
· give consent on his/her behalf to the processing of his or her personal data
· receive on his/her behalf any data protection notices
· give consent to the transfer of his/her personal data abroad
· give consent to the processing of his or her (sensitive personal data)
If you do give us your details and then decide you do not want us to use your details anymore you can unsubscribe by:
· clicking on the 'unsubscribe' link in any of the UDSU e-mails you receive
· contacting us directly as detailed below
Your personal data will be used for the following purposes:
· to help us develop the design and layout of our website
Sometimes this information may also be used by UDSU, UDSU's data processors and our associated Third Parties, such as The University of Derby, to inform you about changes to the website, new services and products or offers and events that you might find interesting. UDSU and Third Parties may contact you for any of the above purposes whether by telephone, email, fax or in writing.
UDSU reserves the right to access and disclose individually identifiable information to comply with applicable laws and obligations, to operate our systems properly or to protect ourselves or other users. UDSU also reserves the right to disclose individually identifiable information to third parties if a complaint arises concerning your use of UDSU's website.
To ensure strict security procedures covering all aspects of processing your personal data and to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we may ask for proof of identity before we disclose your personal information to you.
We welcome your questions and comments about privacy issues. Should you have such comments or have a complaint about how we are using your personal data, please contact
01332 591 507
01332 591 501
University of Derby Students' Union
Thu 22 Jun 2017
The University has been rated Gold in the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
Fri 21 Apr 2017
If not there soon could be, why not get involved and join one of our new Academic Societies.
Wed 21 Jun 2017
Check out who's been nominated for a You're Brill Award